Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It Has Begun!

Wed. Sept. 11, 2013.  

The professionals have arrived.  The excavation is being corrected.  At long last, our journey home has actually begun.  How wonderful is it, that I will mark today's date, henceforth, as the anniversary of the day my home, my life, the lives of everyone in my family began its rise from the ashes?

This was taken not long after work began, this morning and already there's a marked improvement in the dig.   Already, it was starting to look like a home excavation and not a hopeless mess.


Yesterday, my oldest let me know that a friend of mine from a board we both served on for several years had reached out to her asking her to let me know that if we have any more delays to call him and he'll help us get things moving forward again.  I will be keeping his number with me at all times through the remainder of this.

Today is a good day.  A very good day.  I've waited for it so long that it has not really sunk in yet that it is real.  Thank you for stopping by to let me share my joy with you!  Keep checking back - hopefully there will be lots more joy to come!!

Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment